Sunday, September 14, 2014

Big Hair and Plastic Grass--#56 finished

The rest of the title is, A Funky Ride Through Baseball and America in the Swinging '70s.  A good read that touches on each baseball season in the 1970s and also touches on some of the unusual happenings going on around there too.  Most of the stories I had heard of but many I hadn't just because  I was under 10 all through the '70s.  Fun stuff and a fun read.  I started paying attention to baseball in 1977 and remember the Yankee vs Dodgers world series that year & the next.  My team was & still is basically---I have added the Cardinals to my team list since I live here---but growing up my team was the Texas Rangers.  I think some of it has to do with I liked the Lone Ranger tv show & the TX Rangers just fit with that.

I am not sure yet if this will be a keeper book, I am leaning that way.  I have enough credits on PBS & enough other books to mail off that I at least won't be in any hurry to move this one anytime soon.

No comments: