Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Have You No Shame?--#66 finished

A pretty funny book/memoir by a maybe 30 something Jewish girl that grew up in Omaha, NE.  Funny stuff mostly and some kind of serious stuff threw in.  Good writing and really kind of shocking honesty about growing up.  I grew up on small town NE so Omaha was always our big city, but still seems as though there is a certain amount of pride in being from NE that you don't always seem to get from other places or people from other places, I should say.  It is a book of stories more than a memoir but it really seems to work best this way.  I really liked this style and will have to keep it in mind if I ever get around to start writing about something.

I will probably post it on PBS at some point, while I really liked it, not sure I will make it a keeper but I am considering that.  There are like 6 WL for it but everything seems to be moving slow on PBS so have plenty of time to decide.

No comments: