Saturday, November 29, 2014

Last Night at the Lobster--#70 finished

A short book, only 146 pages and a quick read but it was very good.  A Red Lobster restaurant is closing and it is the last day, it will be closed for good after this day.  Manny the longtime manager is the main character and we go through the day with him.  How he does his job and what he thinks about and how he interacts with the other employees, it is really insightful.  I am probably one of the few people in this world that did not have a food service job so I learned something there.  Most of it I kind of heard of knew but putting it all down in the book made the story that much more authentic.  Some good characters and good interactions but because it is such a short book you are left with holes about people and how things will turn out but to me it seems like people will be okay.  Good read & enjoyable story.

I have already posted it on PBS, I think there were 4 copies ahead of it.  I don't know if it will move but I would think so at some point it should.  I am nearly finished with College Football book, that has taken months to get done.  Still reading Jock Itch, some actress that liked to date athletes wrote a memoir about it--kind of funny & kind of pathetic but she is cute in the photos.  I will be adding 1 or 2 more tonight to my reading pile as well.

No comments: