Saturday, April 6, 2019

The Road--#24 finished

Cormac McCarthy's addition to the post apocalyptic genre.  I had started No Country for Old Men and couldn't get into it & stopped.  I have had this book for years on my shelf and finally got around to reading it.  I didn't really enjoy it.  Just not much happened and just left pretty much all questions in the end.  That is probably the intent but not really what I prefer.  The interplay between father & son traveling in a desolate world while interesting at times just didn't hold my interest.  Book made me think some but to me the whole world at end except for a few has been played enough that this one doesn't really stand out.

The book has a few stains in it so cannot post on PBS, not sure if I will keep or more likely will donate away.

No comments: