Friday, July 12, 2019

Leisureville--#47 finished

Author takes an interesting look at retirement villages in Florida & Arizona mostly and their history and a look forward.  The neighbors across the street that his family was just getting to know, had decided to sell their New England home & move to the huge Villages complex in central Florida.  This interested him and he eventually joined them for a month to get to know what this was like.  Lots of interesting characters and I thought he provided good points on both sides for why to live here & why living & developing these villages is probably not such a good idea either.  I don't think I would ever want to live in a place like this but I do hate winters & being in Florida or Arizona for a few months each year could be appealing.  Being in mid country though winters aren't as tough as farther north--I just don't understand why be there & I guess that is why when retiring some get out.  Lots of interesting things in the book--things about the people, developers, history, etc that keep maybe not the most exciting topic very readable.

I have already posted it on PBS, there was 1 WL for it & it is already accepted so should be mailing it off tomorrow.

No comments: