Thursday, August 1, 2019

Duel in the Sun--#51 finished

Another book that I finished in July but just logging it in now.  This is about the Boston Marathon race that came down to the very end with Alberto Salazar defeating Dick Beardsley.  It was really the pinnacle race for both but neither one would have known it at the time.  Book did a very good job of explaining both runners and how the led up to the race and also their history after the race.  I had just finished a book about Alberto Salazar so was more familiar with him, I had know idea of Dick Beardsley's history and was shocking to say the least.  Seems like now both have come through their hardships and are back in good places in their lives.  A good read about an interesting race and the two very interesting runners.

I have posted it on PBS, there was no copies in system & no WL but soon after posting it someone has ordered it.  I will be mailing it out tomorrow or this weekend.

No comments: