Saturday, August 31, 2019

The Story of the Outlaw--#58 finished

This was written back in early 1900s and author had some first hand accounts and interviewed others that were there and knew the outlaws.  A Study of the Western Desperado, is the 2nd part of the title.  An interesting read that goes through some of the early murders, gun fighters, etc in the US.  Lots about Billy the Kid and that whole southwest US area--TX, NW, KS & AZ.  It is a different kind of writing from back then to what I am used to today but sort of added to the flavor of the book.  Not a great read for me but was good enough to keep my interest.

The book has a small stain that goes through first dozen pages or so, so cannot post on PBS, I will donate it away somewhere though.

See I had lots of catching up to do for August.

No comments: