Thursday, June 18, 2020

Munson--#50 finished

The Life and Death of a Yankee Captain is the rest of the title.  I was starting to pay attention to baseball in this time, I remember the Yankee & Dodgers World Series and some of the Yankee and KC Royals Championship series.  I remember hearing about Munson dying in a plane crash and enjoy baseball reference.com  for all the stats in baseball.  I remember Munson as a very good player and was sort of surprised he didn't get credit for dying young that would help him get into the Baseball Hall of Fame.  Not sure he is a HOFer but just wonder if the surgical and medical advances of today were available how much better his knees would be and lengthen his career.  Same thing you can wonder about Gayle Sayers too on the football side.  I didn't know anything of Munson's personal life and this book filled in a lot of that.  I am not a Yankee fan so was getting tired of the world revolves around the Yankees feel the book has but still interesting read to learn about the person of Thurman Munson.

I have posted it & it is the only copy in the system so figure at some point it will get mailed off somewhere.

No comments: