Monday, September 14, 2020

Flash Boys--#76 finished

 Wow, one of those really eye opening books.  I really don't understand investing all that well and this book gives me even more doubts about it.  The basic idea of the stock markets--ownership of stock is ownership of the business, that kind of stuff but this is in the details of how those stocks are bought and sold.  Basically with the speed of connection people found ways to skim off millions and billions from the stock market.  Very complicated on how it was done & very complicated on how it would be fixed.  A group did find a fix and books ends hopeful but since I don't really follow, I have no idea if it really fixed it or if other ways of doing this were found.  I enjoyed the other book I read by Michael Lewis and really enjoy this one too--lots of information.  I will have to look up his other books.

There are quite a few WL for this, not sure how many right off hand but it will get mailed off at some point.

No comments: