Tuesday, September 29, 2020

The Day of the Jackal--#83 finished

 This is an older book, looks like published in 1971 about an assassination attempt on Charles DeGaulle president of France.  This is one of those books that I read back probably in junior high/middle school that just roped me into reading.  It was a favorite then and figured I should give this a re-read after all these years.  A lot of this book really holds up well, the steps the Jackal took and the steps the investigators were taking.  Had to wrap my head around this time period of technology too.  I couldn't help but feel maybe wasn't as clever and cool as I remembered but then I had to think that I have read much since then of similar books and storylines that had the benefit of working off this book.  I am glad I have re-read the book and it will stay on my keeper list.

No comments: