Thursday, May 6, 2021

Caught--#31

 I had read a short story book by the author & had put this book on my request list but not really sure why. Her short story book I remembered as okay.  Oh well, I got this book and on the cover says "Now a major CBC Television Series...".  I didn't remember hearing about this but figured just missed it.  A couple guys get arrested taking a boat of marijuana into Newfoundland Canada in 1970s, one of the guys skips bail & disappears while the other Slaney goes to prison and after 4 years escapes.  Reconnects with pal & pal has a life now but knows they have to repay people that lost money on last adventure so another boat trip is setup, pal stays home because has new life now while getting out of Canada for Slaney is good thing.  They hope to make enough money to escape into the world. Some good twists & turns, basically the police are helping Slaney--get away from prison and do the boat trip back to Canada with more marijuana so they can arrest him again & also his pal--Hearn.  They do arrest both, Slaney no bail & sentenced to 20 years.  Hearn gets bail & then police get caught listening in on a meeting with lawyer & let him off.  Troubling ending I guess.

I posted it already on PBS & there were no copies & woke up this morning a day later & it is requested.  I will mail it off today or tomorrow with a couple other WL books I had posted.

No comments: