Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Love & Terror on the Howling Plains of Nowhere--#35 finished

 It has been a while since I have read a book by Poe Ballantine and I have had this one on my shelf for a few years.  It is about his life in Chadron, NE and also about a person--sort of friend maybe more acquaintance that goes missing and is eventually found dead.  Questions about what happened--officially a suicide but just seems like too much there for the man to have acted alone.  All this while Poe is also talking about his life--struggles in marriage and raising a boy that is interesting certainly and likely on the spectrum too.  Poe has an interesting perspective on things in general and life and is able to bring that out in his writing.  There is also supposed to be a documentary about the man that was found dead--will have to see if I can find it.

There are a few WL for the book but my Poe Ballantine books are keepers, sorry.  I don't think I want to chance them and loan out either.

No comments: