Thursday, May 6, 2021

I'm Living Your Dream Life--#30 finished

This is a non-fiction book about a young couple living in San Francisco area of CA that wanted to do something different.  The looked for & found a resort on a lake in northern Wisconsin and bought it.  The title comes from people that come to stay saying they--the owners--are living my dream life.  She is basically pointing out the hard work involved the struggles of remodeling and then building new cabins of finding good workers and dealing with the people that come in every week.  Nothing too surprising really once you step back a bit & think about it.  I wanted the book because they also say they are the first Disc Golf Ranch/Resort--they have put in more than the normal 18 disc golf holes on their resort & host tournaments there and also people just come by to play.  Not as much disc golf mentioned in the book as I would have liked but I guess DG is not a big audience.

I have posted it on PBS & it is the only copy so hope it will move but not much moving off my shelf right now.

No comments: