Friday, December 10, 2021

Shirley Jones: A Memoir--#87 finished

 Not really sure why I bought this book, bought it used from a resale shop so was only $1.00--can't beat the price but never really paid attention to Shirley Jones.  I was sort of aware she did the Partridge Family but that was a show I never really watched--a little to hippie for us in NE to watch as repeats--I was too young to remember the original shows.  David Cassidy and his brother had their flash in the pan as singers and sort of didn't buy that either like so many others in the '70s it seemed like--cute long haired guys became huge stars and then sort of disappeared.  Oh well, back to Shirley Jones, I didn't realize she had won an Oscar or did a bunch of musicals before the TV series.  An interesting life with troubles for sure but still interesting in that Hollywood sort of way.  A decent quick read sort of book.

There was 1 WL for it so I posted it & already accepted so will get it mailed off hopefully tomorrow.

No comments: