Saturday, November 26, 2022

Heros of the Frontier--#100 finished

 It felt really good finishing this book and hitting my goal of 100 books read.  I actually finished it last weekend but just now logging it in.  The 100 book goal I am proud of myself for accomplishing it but I don't plan on it being the goal for next year--I noticed I was skipping books that might take me too long to read and keep me from the goal.  Next year and through this year, I plan to grab some of those and enjoy the read not the end goal of the finish.

I liked this book, a mom and her 2 young kids sort of leave life behind in OH and head to Alaska with sort of plans but not really.  She has a sort of step sister type there she wants to meet up with but really nothing beyond that.  During the trip, we get to know of the mom and her struggles in life and meet up with some interesting characters on her travels.  She is really struggling with life again but sees the growth in her and her children from this trip and in the end realize in some way they will be okay.

There are 15 WL for the book on PBS so will get it mailed off at some point.

No comments: