Tuesday, November 8, 2022

The Handmaid's Tale--#97 finished

This is a pretty famous book that has become one of the streaming places series I guess--don't watch much on streaming, at least yet I guess.  This is a sort of diary by a woman that is living after a sort of war maybe civil war where women of birthing age become basically breeding stock for high up men in the system who's wives are not able to have kids.  A lot of underlying themes going on in this story and not many answers are given.  An interesting read and a sort of different take on the whole what could happen if things turn really bad.  I am glad I have read it, it sort of goes into the genre for me of when society falls apart kind of thing--like the Postman, The World Made by Hand(I think that was the name) but this one is a lot rougher on the women. 

This is a keeper for me, one of those that probably should be the shelf in most homes.

No comments: