Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Q Road--#96 finished

 A good read about interesting people at a farm and some houses that have been built up across from the farm.  The main character Rachel, grew up in a ramshackle houseboat on the small river with her mom that sounded like she was sort of crazy.  Rachel at 17 marries the farmer who is in his 50s maybe.  Rachel has a lot of feral instincts but does have a love for the land, that is what brought her to George.  A whole cast of side characters that sometimes is hard to keep track of but they are interesting in their own ways.  Really a good and interesting story that makes you think beyond the people relationships but also the people to the land relationship.  

This one had been sitting on my shelf a while, I looked and I got it in Oct 2014 so has been a while.  Glad I finally got to it.  There was 1 WL for it & I posted it & has been accepted.  I will get mailed off in next couple of days.

No comments: