Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Don't Follow Me, I'm Lost--#35 finished

 This is a memoir of author's time in college in late 1980s and early 1990s.  The college was the very non-traditional Hampshire College in MA.  I don't really understand their classes and offerings, at least from reading this book.  This author fell in with a group that basically did all it could to not get along with others at college.  This being a very liberal and sort of at that time a hippie type of college, the group pushed things to where the group was kicked off campus author's freshman year.  His second year, he again finds his way to misfits of the college and again starts pissing off others at the college.  The book basically ends after 2nd year.  He does graduate in 5 years though.  I thought I would enjoy more because is about the same time that I was in college but Hampshire College is just too different from a more normal experience that no real connection was made.  Sort of funny at times but overall just sort of slugged my way through this.

I posted it once I finished it last night and has already been requested.  I have a couple other books to mail off so hopefully getting them all out tonight.

No comments: