Monday, April 15, 2024

Sharp--#32 finished

 The rest of the title is: The Women Who Made an Art of Having an Opinion.  It is basically about women critics since 1900s, at least some of the major ones.  I recognized some of the newer names like Nora Ephron and Susan Sontag and older one Hannah Arendt.  I had read some Arendt in college and was probably reason I picked it up from the library sale when I saw it.  I thought would be more about the individual people/women but was that somewhat but also the interaction between themselves and feminism in general.  Also throw in some more insider stuff on critics too.  Not really what I was expecting but still interesting at points.  I had started it at end of March--being Women's month so figured it was the time to read it.

There are 5 WL for this book on PBS so will probably post & mail off at some point.

No comments: