Sunday, November 16, 2008

#26 White River Massacre--finished

I finished up the western novel, White River Massacre by Karl Lassiter on Saturday.  After checking into it, it seems it was based on a true event, which kind of changes the perspective of the book in a good way.  It was a good read, nothing really exciting but made me think about how rough the Indians got it back then and how that has really continued through today.  It was a good kind of quick read.  I don't see myself re-reading it but I think it was worth reading this once.

I have another kind of adventure book from a co-worker that I am starting.  I don't have it in front of me to get the name & author though.  I am still working on the Primo Levi book as well.  I also grabbed my copy of Democracy in America--not sure if I will be starting it yet or not.  I still have the Ayn Rand book Anthem around also--one of those will probably be my 3rd.

No comments: