Saturday, November 1, 2008

Faith of My Fathers--finished

I finished off Faith of My Fathers on Thursday, but finally getting around to posting it tonight.  This is my 24th book read this year--a goal I had set at the beginning of the year & still have 2 months to go.

I thought it was a good book.  I didn't know much of the history of John McCain and it filled in a lot of the blanks about growing up and his time as a POW.  It is a very good account in that in many places it shows him in an unfavorable light, a basic punk growing up.  It also gets into how his course in life attending the Naval Academy was almost pre-ordained for him and how that might not have been what he would have choose.  The book also obviously, spends much time talking about his POW experiences and how that in many respects really changed him and made him probably more focused on his life.

The time period of what since getting let free from Vietnam is still blank, just not covered in this book.  I am not sure if it would be as interesting but would like to know, especially if he becomes President.  McCain was also on SNL at the beginning of the show.  I thought he was actually very good and SNL actually took some shots at Obama and the Dems for once.  I tried to watch a little more and just couldn't get through it.  That is probably good in that I am finally down here catching up.

I will not be post every day, October was just a special month.  Another goal of mine was to post at least 10 times each month so I figure I will fall back to somewhere in that range.

No comments: