Monday, August 17, 2009

Running Update

Just a quick note on my running. Since I was sick, I took some extra time off from running. I did finally get a run in last Thursday. I went to my normal park, Woodson Park and it was full, both fields in use and the tennis courts all being used--probably by a high school team. So I drove to another nearby park, Fogerty Park in U-City and ran there. I thought I would only do 2 miles with mostly walking, but I actually did 3.25 miles at all under 12 minute pace. I was really surprised about this. There are a couple of slight hills, more than Woodson Park so that is also to the good.

On Saturday, I went to Creve Coeur Park and did the shorter route of 4 miles. I went around 1:30 in the afternoon when it was very hot. The first 2 miles were good, the 2nd two miles were much slower with a water break on one of them. Still glad that I got the 4 miles in though.

Not sure when this week I will get a run in. Wednesday is my 40th birthday, no real plans but probably something going on so no run expected. Tuesday Rose has VB practice and there is a meeting at school. Thursday is probably VB practice again so who really knows yet.

No comments: