Monday, May 24, 2010

Bad Times in Buenos Aires--#30 finished

Book number 30 is already completed--wow. Maybe not the pace of last year but still moving right along. I kind of liked this book, it is not anything great or truly insightful but it does give the reader a sense of Argentina, at least what it was, in the mid 1990s. I am not sure what or how much has changed since then but hopefully it has changed for the better. It certainly seemed like a real low point for the country, well even that is probably not true. It was better than when thousands disappeared for being radicals a generation earlier, but the 1990s seems like a neurotic time for Argentina. I have always been interested in Latin America but I really don't know much about the people, countries and the histories there and this was really made evident while reading this book.

While I enjoyed the book, it is already dated and left me wondering what is it like in Argentina today. I will be posting it on PBS, there is 1 person that has it on the WL so I will have to see if it moves or not. I am still reading Epic and also started reading Lapham Rising. I will be looking to add a 3rd book into the mix later tonight as well.

No comments: