Saturday, January 1, 2011

Modern Baptists--#1 finished

First day of the new year and I have finished my first book. I am certain this pace will not be maintained, although I could have another book finished later today or tomorrow. Modern Baptists is a kind of funny but also just kind of sad book. It is about simple Southern people and since the writer is probably one of them, laughing about this is okay but still sad to me. Screwed up town, screwed up people and if the people weren't so pathetic I might find the humor a little more to my taste. It is an older book, originally written in 1983 so the test of time stuff applies and is probably contributes to my being down on the book. In 1983 I am guessing, laughing at people was more common maybe??--I was either jr high or freshman in high school back then.

Well, I have already posted it on PBS and while there were zero copies ahead of it, it was also on no one's WL. Well it wasn't even a day later & I had a request for it, before I had even finished reading it. I will be mailing it off next week.

No comments: