Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Perfect Play-#6 finished

This is a very good book by a British author. I read an earlier book by her The Half Life of Stars and liked the book but not as much as this one. A 30 something lady in England has relationship issues--afraid to open up with her boyfriend, day left long time ago, mom had remarried and mom then passed away and she liked but never really fit in with stepfather & step brothers. All of that is going on but the author writes in a quirky funny way.

She meets a former poker pro and since her dad had left home to become a poker pro, she learns poker from him as well as find a way to contact her dad. There are other twists and turns in the story. The end a little cheesy but overall a very good read.

I have already posted it on PBS and there are 4 or 5 copies a head of it so probably won't move for a while. I have 3 books to get mailed off tomorrow--Forbidden Fairways, Jaguar Smile and Ford County. I have been moving some books lately which is a very good thing because I really don't have room on my shelf for more without making some go away first.

No comments: