Friday, February 25, 2011

Breaking Dawn-#12 finished

This is the final book of the Twilight series, the uber-popular vampire series by Stephanie Meyer. Our oldest daughter has read the first 3 books in the series but not this one because we haven't let her. This one the main characters get married and have a child and the whole bedroom scenes are things we are not sure she is ready for at this point. After reading the book, I think it handle this pretty well and will be letting her read the book, but might make her wait until summer--will have to talk to wife & see.

As far as the book goes, it is not too bad. Not really what I enjoy reading but it did eventually get entertaining. I didn't read the first 3 (and don't expect I will either) so maybe some of the whole love story was missed by me, but once it got past that in the beginning it wasn't too bad. I still like my vampires more traditional but these "new" vampires have sold a lot of books so can't really fault the author there. Overall a good story with some decent secondary stuff going on as well. Characters were just okay but again maybe I missed some on their back stories in the earlier books.

This was a library book so I will be returning it, no moving it along to PBS. I figure we will be getting a copy for daughter at some point though. Right now reading Dara Torres book, the Olympic swimmer and Eat This Book, about competitive eating. Will be grabbing another book at some point today as well.

No comments: