Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Gin Closet--#10 finished

I am mixed on how I feel about the book. I think the author did an excellent job of taking chances with the book and exposing the readers to some real emotions and tough situations. I am not sure really how I feel about the characters in the book. Everyone in the book was really struggling with their demons, some much worse than others. In the end though it was hard to find much to like about any of the characters, their flaws seemed to be what controlled their lives.

A screwed up family that kept secrets for years, throw in a lot of drinking, some incest, a cold hearted mom/sister and well there is the book. Obviously much more but those were some of the main themes. By the end of the book it was tough to say that I enjoyed it. I do have to give the author credit because it was very well written and the emotion came off the page without the author having to spice it up--if that makes sense.

I will be posting it to PBS, there are like 6 WL for it so it should be mailed off next week. I will probably also post The Hour I First Believed as well and maybe a 3rd book too, who knows.

No comments: