Saturday, April 23, 2011

Beat the Reaper--#25 finished

A good quick read about a mafia hit man that had to go the witness protection route and became a doctor. The book is only over one day but with plenty of flashbacks. It is a very easy read, page turner type. It is about a hitman so plenty of violence and stuff so beware if that is not your thing. It is the first book by this author and for a first book is very good.

A lot of interesting stuff with the doctor end of it as well so it does go a little more than just a mafia book. It certainly does not glorify the mafia end of it either. I will try to pay attention to see the author's 2nd book, not sure if it will continue with these characters or not though.

There are something like 15 WL for the book so I will be posting it & mailing it probably early next week. I am still working on The First Cut, now over 225 pages in but it goes to 400 so still a ways to go. I also started Alexander Hamilton but not far at all yet, like maybe 20 pages in only. I will be looking for a 3rd book but not sure if I will find one tonight yet.

No comments: