Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The First Cut--#26 finished

A good read. Another detective story with a female detective that barely survived a horrific stabbing. One day back on the job after a year's recovery and the Pasadena Police Dept has a murder of an LA policewoman to investigate and detective Vining is part of it. Like I said earlier a good read about the investigation and the backstory of Vining's near death as well. This is the first in a series and I am sure as it goes on each book will touch on her ongoing investigation of her own attack.

I liked the characters and the setting and it seems this should be a good series to get into. I had picked up the 2nd in the series at a library sale and it was thrown aside. I finally found the first book on a deal on PBS. A few months later & I was able to work it into my reading. Now I need to find time for the 2nd and probably need to go a head and order the 3rd, at least I think the 3rd is out there now.

I have posted it on PBS but there are like 50 some copies ahead of it so it probably won't move for a while if at all. I started reading the Osiris Alliance and am around 70 pages in. I am also reading Alexander Hamilton but only around 30 pages in on that one. I have stopped The End of Mr Y at this point but hope to pick it up again soon. Not sure what my next book will be at this point yet.

No comments: