Sunday, August 21, 2011

DW: A Lifetime Going Around in Circles--#47 finished

Darrell Waltrip was my favorite race car driver when I was growing up basically because of his name. I really didn't watch much racing on TV simply because there wasn't much on, only the big races. I guess I never really knew that he was that good of a racer until more recently and of course I know he is an announcer on Fox for NASCAR. His book is pretty good and he is a pretty interesting person with good stories. It basically ended when his racing days ended but mentioned he was a Fox announcer now but doesn't go into any of the announcing though. Good easy read, it is nice to read something a little different and this was it. After slogging through The Passage for so long this was a refreshing quick read.

I have posted it on PBS but there are like 23 copies ahead of it so I doubt it will be moving anytime soon if ever. I am still reading The White Queen, just got under 100 pages to go. Also still reading The Emperor's Tomb and just started a short story book Bluebirds Used to Croon in the Choir. I might look for a 4th book tonight but not sure yet.

No comments: