Thursday, August 25, 2011

The White Queen--#48 finished

This is the first in a series of three books by Phillippa Gregory about England in the mid to late 1400s during the War of the Roses. The main focus in this book is obviously the White Queen a young widow of great beauty that seduces the next King of England and becomes his queen. She has several children with him including 2 sons that become heirs that disappear. It is a true story that the author has taken and written up a plausible story about. Obviously there is just not enough information on this time period to get all of the details but she has pieced together a very believable story and a very interesting one as well. I do have the 2nd book in the series already, The Red Queen and the 3rd book is coming out later this year. I will continue this series as well as check out other books by this author. Very good stuff.

I will be posting it on PBS, I think there are 80 some WL for it. I will probably wait until I get a 2nd book to mail out with it so might be a few days or week yet before it goes. I am still reading The Emperor's Tomb, it kind of got shoved into the background while I finished DW & now The White Queen. I am also reading Found another memoir/autobiographical book by Tatum O'Neal. I also have a 3rd book of short stories Bluebirds Croon in Choir or something like that. I will probably stick with these 3 for a couple days to get a little farther along with them before starting something else.

No comments: