Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Dreams Out in the Street--#59 finished

A good book about the screwed up lives of some people struggling to get by in San Francisco. Drugs, prostitution, homelessness, crime and all around crappy lives in this book. It is really kind of depressing book. The people almost seem helpless and unable to break out of their crappy existence. Characters are interesting and interesting things happen to them but the overall depressing themes of the book make it such that I can't really enjoy it.

I have posted it on PBS, there was 1 WL for it earlier but now there is zero. I have posted it so it is the only copy on the system at this point so I would expect it to move at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later. Still reading the others and will probably not add a 4th tonight.

No comments: