Friday, December 16, 2011

The Nubian Prince--#71 finished

A weird kind of book. A young man that was drifting--in Spain, becomes a recruiter for an international exclusive sex club. The recruiters are sent to the worst spots on the planet, looking for beautiful people to "save". Immigrants the wash up on shore in Europe, countries or areas thrown into poverty, disasters, etc--the recruiters go there in search of beautiful pieces that they then hand off to the club which trains the people for the sex trade in these exclusive clubs. The back cover of the book talks about it being funny and hilarious but I did get that. It was very sad on many levels and while I can see where a recruiter may believe they are saving the people, I think even the main character in the end realizes he just screws up these peoples lives in new ways. Oh well a kind of interesting book for a different perspective.

I have already posted it on PBS, there is 1 copy ahead of it so I think it should move eventually. I am still reading the John Stossel book and The Platte River short story book and just started Methland.

No comments: