Monday, December 19, 2011

Platte River--#72 finished

This is a short story book. It has 3 stories by the same author Rick Bass. I don't know if I don't get short stories or something but these 3 stories just seemed to not answer much. Decent stories and generally good characters but you don't get to really know them and the "action" in the stories is mostly confusing. Maybe the stories are more like a picture that you look at and while not understanding it brings up feelings within you, these are more like that. I like my art like that but my reading not so much. Oh well, I have another short story book by same author and at some point will read it and see if it is the same.

I have posted it on PBS, it is the only copy on the system so I expect it will move at some point, but short story books don't move much from what I have seen so not expecting anything soon. Still reading John Stossel book and Methland and will be adding a 3rd book later today.

No comments: