Sunday, December 9, 2012

No Greater Courage--#66 finished

What a great read, this along with To Make Men Free are two very good and very readable books about battles of the Civil War.  I have not read a lot of this type of Civil War books--I haven't read a lot of the Civil War in general.  These are I guess historical fiction where the writer takes what he can from the historical record and pieces together a fictional account of what happened.  These were both very readable books and do a great job of introducing you to the main characters and you get an idea of what they were like beyond the troop movements and battle plans.  I wish the author had more of these Civil War books out there unfortunately these are his only two.

I have posted it on PBS, there is only 1 copy ahead of it.  I would expect it would move at some point but who knows how long a wait.  I am still reading G is for Gumshoe and The Boys in the Trees and started 501 Minutes for Christ--a short story book by Poe Ballantine, good stuff.  I will probably look around & see about starting another book tonight as well.  I would like to get to 70 read for the year but not sure I will do that--might have to find a short book.

No comments: