Monday, December 3, 2012

Obama's American--#65 finished

This is kind of a followup book from the author's earlier Obama book The Roots of Obama's Rage.  Some new stuff and his argument makes sense in the way he presents it but when you step back and think about it, it just doesn't hold much water.  I agree with his basic idea that Obama has some anti-colonialsim in him, passed down from his fathers & his mothers beliefs.  I will also agree that some of the people that influenced him throughout his life were similarly anti-colonialists.  I stop there though and cannot bridge that a person who wants to set America back to become a 3rd World type nation would ever be elected President.

First off the President sets some policies and has some leadership roles but his cabinet and the whole Democratic Party are also there.  If any of these people thought that Obama was trying to accomplish what this book says, they would be speaking out and that is not happening.  I agree that Obama has a different world view that what people may have thought when electing him both times but I don't see it as fundamentally different to where he wants basically America to fail.

Oh well some interesting thoughts and some decent history of Obama.  I really was struck with the whole idea that when his mom sent him to Hawaii for her parents to raise, that he was really abandon at that point by both parents.  I knew about that but hadn't attached abandon to it, but I think the is probably an accurate view of how a 10 year old would feel at that point.

I will be posting it on PBS at some point, I think there are 100 or so WL for it, so have plenty of time to post it.  I haven't been getting any of my WL books posted so I have really slowed down on PBS at this point.  No sense in mailing books off if the ones I want aren't being posted.  I am not sure if it is just slow because of the craziness around the holiday season or something else.  I have about a half dozen WL books that I have read but not posted.  I might just want till January and see what happens then.

Still reading the Civil War book and the Kinsey Milhone book and the Boys in Trees book.  I need to finish those 3 and 2 more by the end of Dec to get to 70 books read.  Not sure if I will get that done or not, will just have to see.

No comments: