Monday, December 9, 2013

The Big Bounce--#62 finished

This is an older Elmore Leonard book, written in 1969 but the copy I read was a republish of it for a movie that came out around 2002.  The movie had a very nice cast, Morgan Freeman, Owen Wilson, Charlie Sheen and Gary Sinse along with a hot girl.  The movie was a big bomb though and from reading this book I can understand why.  Just a boring kind of going nowhere book.  I can also see why someone wanted to make this movie though, the characters are kind of interesting, I see where actors would say something like I would like to play that person.  Too bad the interesting characters are filled with nothing.  I really don't like the book.  I liked the earlier Elmore Leonard books I have read, Swag and Glitz but this one didn't get it done for me.

I will not be posting it on PBS, it is a library copy where they took a paperback book and put a hardcover on it.  There are already enough copies on PBS and no reason to add this one with a TIN that won't match the cover or without a TIN where no one will see it.

No comments: