Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Scorch Trials--#10 finished

This is the 2nd book in The Maze Runner series. I wasn't a big fan of the Maze Runner and this one was just okay.  Starting to sort out stuff on this but still really not making sense and not enough here to really cause me to care.  There is a 3rd book in this series & I have it so I will read on but not overly excited about it.

This is a futurist series, where a group of boys and another group of girls are basically test subjects  being used to help the rest of humanity.  My main criticism is the reader is given almost no idea of what is left with humanity, this 2nd book explains some of it but really I am just at the point of just get on with it.  Too much unexplained behind the scenes stuff is just taking any real enjoyment from this series.  I was hoping the 2nd book would be better and it was to a degree.  I figure the 3rd has to sort it all out, if it doesn't well that is my fault for reading on after the first book.

I wil be posting it on PBS, probably try to see if someone out there wants both books & send them together.  Both have plenty of WL so they will be moving on.

No comments: