Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Reluctant Fundamentalist--#15 finished

I enjoyed the book and the perspective it offers on a Pakistani, that recently graduated from Princeton and has a job at a high powered small firm in NY city, right before 9/11/2001 and how it affected his life.  I don't get the suspense from the reviews, I guess they were talking about the book is really a conversation between this Pakistani now back in Pakistan and an American CIA sounding type at a restaurant in Pakistan.  To me the book was really about this person's life and how it was changing by being in America and finding his first love.  The first love was complicated to say the least and made for a nice story within this story.  A good read and some interesting insights but that is about all for me.

I have posted it on PBS, there were 2 copies already but I think it has been moving some, I think there were more copies before.  I am not sure if a movie is coming out or something like that but I figure it will move at some point on PBS.  I picked up and started reading again The Watch and still working on Tomato Red and started The Mullah's Storm.  Not sure if I will start another one later today or not.

No comments: