Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Clarinet Polka--#26 finished

I really enjoyed this book.  It is about a couple Polish families in small-town West Virginia.  In an area where holding onto your Polish identity was very important.  The time was the late 1960s and Vietnam and WWII and then USSR taking over Poland were major themes.  I really liked the characters and it seemed at times you could easily transport back to that time.  While more than a few parts were hard to read because bad things were happening to good people, in the end the good wins out.  In a book like this where I like the characters, I do like a happy ending.  I wouldn't mind a continuation of life for the main characters even but I am not sure that book is coming.

I am not sure if I will post this or hold onto it.  There are no copies on PBS and there are no WL for it either.   I think I will just hang onto it for now.  I will probably post at some point, just because I probably won't re-read this book but in no hurry to post it.

No comments: