Sunday, March 22, 2015

Joe Biden: A Life of Trial and Redemption--#17 finished

Unless you are a real partisan Democrat, not much to see here.  This is basically just a cheering leading exercise in the life of Joe Biden.  An interesting person and an interesting life that carried him to the Vice-Presidency but this book is really not very good.  I knew it after the first chapter where all of Joe's old-time friends were interviewed and everyone had great things to say about him.  The book is 484 pages which to me is incredible that it was that long but really had nothing to say.  I did learn about his life but certainly not in an even handed way.  At least I started it with low expectations and after the terrible beginning I lowered it some more and now at least I can say I am very glad I finished this book because I just wanted to get it done with by the end.

There was 1 WL for it, I think that is probably why I started reading it in the first place.  I have already posted it and it has been accepted so should be mailing it off tomorrow.

No comments: