Saturday, April 25, 2015

The Gardner Heist--#23 finished

A famous art theft from 1990 in Boston that I knew nothing about until I read this book.  I was in college then and kind of clueless about stuff especially art.  This is a good read with lots of interesting characters and details about the theft and the still ongoing search for the pieces that have never been recovered.  Kind of amazing to read about how easy it was for this to occur back then and the author says the theft of art is still happening.  Hard to balance tough security measures with also wanting to allow the public the chance to view the art.  I am glad I have read this book and now hope the art is found and returned, kind of want to see the rest of the story as Paul Harvey would say.

I will post it on PBS at some point probably soon.  I think it was more than 15 WL for it and maybe into the 20s, not sure.  It is one of the books I got from the WL Multiple thread and sort of jumped line to get.  Those books I get that way I have pledge to myself to send back out FIFO(First In First Out) so next in line person will get it.

No comments: