Monday, March 21, 2022

The Book of Joan--#29 finished

This is a book about Joan Rivers by her daughter Melissa Rivers.  I grew up in the '70s & '80s so I knew of Joan Rivers as a comic and a fill in for Johnny Carson but didn't really pay much attention to her career.  Later I know she did the red carpet shows and her daughter helped out but I never really paid attention to those either.  Not really sure why I picked up this book but found used & cheap and figured would be interesting and it is.  Joan led an interesting life and a different sort of Hollywood life than many I would guess--just married once and not really a movie star but doing comedy and things on cable later.  Interesting person and enjoyable read.

I have posted it on PBS & it is the only copy in system so figure at some point it should get requested. 

No comments: