Saturday, March 5, 2022

Idiot--#24 finished

 This is another book--memoir about a young lady that wants to be on TV/Movies and gets caught up in alcohol, drugs & hard drugs instead while pursuing her dream.  A sad story but she does get through it and is now sober and has a family & doing U-Tube shows.  I don't know her from anything besides the book but glad to see her get through those troubles.  I read another similar book My Fair Junkie a few weeks ago and I kind of realized these two are the success stories, how many people do not get cleaned up.  Both books I think mentioned people that died from drugs or committed suicide as well--really sad to think about that these 2 are probably the exception instead of the rule.  That is where their success becomes a book and the others become footnotes or sad memories. 

There are 8 WL for this book on PBS so I will get it mailed off at some point.

No comments: