Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Boring Old Married Couple

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and Debbie & I have agreed not to get each other anything. Neither one of us really wants chocolate, flowers or anything else like that--so it is for the best. We would just end up getting each other something mostly useless. I will probably stop & get her a card & cards or something small for the kids on the way home.

We had dinner at Steak N Shake tonight since Debbie has a Lenten study group tomorrow, this was kind of our Valentine dinner for the kids also. Thomas was pretty good in the restaurant, not sure if he is ready for a more adult setting yet though. Debbie had mentioned Applebees because it is family friendy, but I said I don't think our family is restaurant friendly. By the end of dinner tonight, Angie started singing loud enough to by annoying to the people at the table next to us I am sure. We wrapped up dinner & took our shakes home to eat.

Debbie said that Thomas' teacher told her they were studying America today. I didn't have to hear the rest, I knew then he started singing Neil Diamond's America--Coming to America, Today. He loves that line. We were interrupted so I am not sure what else his teacher told Debbie, but I am guessing they had to have cracked up.

Since finishing Wuthering Heights I have been putting some time into The Rule of Four. While certainly not great literature, it is starting to become a fun page turner. This also means that God Clobbers has been kind of pushed to the background the last few days. I need to get better at this reading multi-number of books at once. Lately, I have been getting too wrapped up in one and ignoring the other too easily. This as you can probably guess, also means no 3rd book being started right now either.

No comments: