Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Just Checking In

It has been a few days so I better get something down. I think I will go back to the quick hitter tabs.

--Super Bowl. I am very happy the Patriots lost. I grew up with the Miami Dolphins as my favorite team and remember doing a 4-H speech about the undefeated 1972 team. While the Patriot winning streak may have been longer, they don't have an undefeated season. This is one record I am glad did not fall and certainly glad it wasn't the Patriots that did it.

--No Running. I haven't gotten back out there yet. I picked up a cold sometime on Saturday and am still getting over it. It kind of peaked Sunday morning and has been slowly getting better. Tomorrow night is out and probably Friday night as well, so maybe Saturday day I will try to get a few/couple miles in.

--Reading. Still working on Wuthering Heights and The Rule of Four. Enjoying both books, although as I said before, don't really care for any of the characters in Wuthering Heights. I looked/thought about starting a 3rd book but haven't yet. I guess I did grab an old textbook on Arab/Israel Conflict and read part of the intro, but I am not really counting that--no real plans to continue either.

--Kids. Angie, the youngest, is sick. I just came on today and I guess she threw up tonight, the poor thing. Thomas is fighting the same cold that I have I think. He is doing a really good job of blowing his nose. Also I found his glasses tonight, they were behind a speaker by our TV & Stereo. The glasses has been missing for a couple of weeks. Rose is good, still doing Cello practices 3 times a week. She said she is still not using the bow, not really sure why other than maybe she just isn't catching on with it. She ended up getting her 160 boxes of girl scout cookies sold so she will get the prize she wanted. She is not doing softball this year, she has been saying all along she didn't want to, but I was hoping she would change her mind. She wants to play tennis instead, not sure there is anything organized around here for this or if it will be me or Debbie just out there with her. Supposedly she will be learning this in PE also.

--Trivia Nights. Our church had our trivia night on Saturday. Our table is usually decent at these, placing a couple of times and usually around top 1/3 or so. Not so on Saturday, we took a beating. We have another one this coming Saturday, same people at the table, so maybe we can bounce back some.

--Election. I am to the realization that McCain is going to get the nomination, oh well, I know I will be voting for him in Nov over whomever the Dem is. I might not be talking him up as much as I would other candidates, but I still think he would be the better choice than either Obama or Hillary. Also given his age, I would say there is a real chance that he might only be a one term president.

--Baseball. It is getting closer and closer to catchers & pitchers reporting for Spring Training. I cannot wait. Baseball has risen to the best sport for me, I just enjoy following it much more than anything else out there. The hot stove info, the stats, the minor leagues, college baseball, roster construction, lineups, etc, just a lot of great things/angles to the sport. Throw in that I also enjoy watching it and there you have it. I also want to catch a college game or two at SLU or other area colleges as well this spring. Gotta love free baseball.

Well, that ended up being a lot more typing than I figured I had in me. I guess I did have a little catching up to do.

No comments: