Sunday, February 10, 2008

Reading Update

Finished off Wuthering Heights today. Glad it is finished, certainly not one of my favorite books. I am glad that Cathy & Hareton got together, at least there are a couple of people that can be salvaged from the wreckage of the list of characters in this book. Glad I can say I have read this book and the characters are memorable even if I did not like them and have a hard time believing in their reality. I am not sure I am going to be able to read another English novel for a while, I have a Dickens & a Hardy and a couple others, that I think have now been pushed back a little farther on my stack of books to read list.

I have already started on another book--God Clobbers Us All, by Poe Ballantine. This is one of the books that I just picked up a couple of weeks ago at the library sale. The author lives in Chadron, NE--since NE is my home state, I had to buy the book. It also sounds kind of interesting and it is also not all that long--something around 190 pages.

I am still on the Four book. I haven't read anything on it for about a week now since I was trying to finish up Wuther Heights. I probably won't read anymore tonight, but maybe pick it up tomorrow night.

Well, I am at 3 books read for '08 now, good start but still a long ways to go with my wanting to get 2 read a month. I just watched the last part of the Lord of the Rings tonight. I have this book and do want to read it also. I have read the Hobbit many years ago and will probably read first before getting into the Lord of the Rings series. Not sure if that will be this year or not, but it is now on my radar. Not sure if I am going to try to start a 3rd book or not yet, give me a few days & I will see.

No comments: