Sunday, February 17, 2008

Stuff

I guess I need to do one of these catch-all writeups every once in a while.

--I have picked up Phantom of the Opera as my new book. Have only read the intro so haven't really gotten anywhere with it yet.

--Read quite a bit in God Clobbers Us All. Some good writing going on and some kind of plain old weird happenings as well. Should have it finished in the next few days, so I will be looking for another book right away to go with the Phantom.

--Still no running. I wanted to get a run in this weekend at some point. This was one of my 3 day weekends, but with Angie's surgery & Debbie feeling kind of bad all over, running was just not in the cards. I will get some kind of run in this week, even if it is just a 2 mile thing at the Community Center.

--No PSR tomorrow, President's Day, so that takes out one of my possible running times also.

--Angie's surgery went okay, too early to know for sure if this solved her lazy eye problem. She did start running a temperature this weekend though, that spiked at over 104. Our peditrician wants to see her tomorrow morning, so I will probably be doing this trip. Debbie is taking some new medication and doesn't want to drive on it yet.

--Had Thomas on the toliet for around an hour tonight, but no #2 yet. Debbie's sister was over today for haircuts and after mine was finished, I went looking for Thomas. He was squatting upstairs but hadn't gone yet. It was haircut first & then toliet, but nothing came. I know it will happen at some point, I just wish it was already.

--Baseball is starting up. While on paper the Cards look to be in trouble this year, you never know. I think it would take career years from several unexpected players to carry this team into the playoffs, but not impossible. Duncan, Ankiel and Molina are all about the right age where a bigger type offensive season could occur. Wainwright has to throw like a #1 and Mulder has to come back bigtime for this team to have a chance. I also worry about the bullpen in the sense, it was pretty good and that whole regression to the mean thing. Of course when I say bullpen, I don't mean the last guys in it like Jiminez, Maroth, etc--just the main ones. Also Kennedy & Isturis(however that is spelled) need to provide something on offense, otherwise I hope Ryan wins a job and one is sent packing. With the new GM, I am not sure what to think yet about his ability to make deals. Jocketty was certainly capable of making a good Spring Training deal, I hope Mo can make one as well to upgrade our middle infield preferrably.

--College basketball, Creighton is just dying on the road. They lost to Evansville and Bradley this week. Bradley I can understand, but Evansville is the type of game you just cannot lose if you want to see the postseason. I haven't checked SLU's record lately, but from what I remember I will be close on Majerus having his first losing season or not. Other than that not sure much else in the cards for the Bills. Behind the NCAA tournament there is the NIT and another one, so with a winning record, I guess postseason could be possible, but not likely.

No comments: