Thursday, December 18, 2008

Just a quick update on stuff

Again I am not really inspired to type up anything so I will just do a quick update on the normal stuff I talk about.

--Reading The Plague Dogs by Richard Adams.  I really enjoyed the other two books by Adams that I read, this one not so much.  I need to check the order in which they were written, but I know Watership Down was earlier.  The reason is, it almost seems as though, he--the author--has realized he is successful and wants to make every paragraph have special meaning instead of just furthering the story.  I am getting close to 200 pages in with a total of 480--long ways to go.

--Reading War & Peace by Leo Tolstoy.  Good stuff.  Around 150 pages in, so a very long way to go.

--Reading, 3rd book, don't know yet.  I have read 29 books so far this year and would like to get 30 done.  I know I won't finish War & Peace and it is looking doubtful that Plague Dogs will get done before the end of the year either.  I will probably look for a 3rd book to get on and finish right away.

--Haven't run since Sunday.  Feeling fat & sluggish.  I have been way over eating this whole week and really since Thanksgiving.  I need to really tone down my eating.  Not sure if I will get a run in tomorrow or not--I am off work.

--My car wouldn't start today so I had to barrow my father-in-laws pickup to get to work.  The battery was run down, but Advance Auto charged it and said the battery is still fine.  Don't know if this means an alternator or starter or something else.  I will have to see if it starts tomorrow or not & go from there.

No comments: