Monday, December 22, 2008

The Queen of Spades -- #30 finished

Yesterday I finished off book number 30 for the year.  The Queen of Spades and Other Stories by Alexander Pushkin.  As I said in the last post, I really enjoyed these short stories.  A good mix of happy endings & sad endings with them.  From reading them I think you can tell the writer probably had as much fun in writing them as the reader gets from reading them.  

Not sure if I will get another book started yet or not.  Probably not for a few days at least.  With Christmas coming up, I will probably be struggling for time to read anyway.  I am off work next week so I might look to add something then.  Of course, I also have a pretty long honey-do list too.

I was going to run tonight after work but instead went out for more Christmas shopping.  At least this time I did not get stuck in traffic but I had to go to 4 different stores looking for what I wanted and ended up buying something that sounded good but still not really sure if it is right.  I am calling Christmas shopping done, now I have to do some Birthday shopping.  That will have to wait until Friday or Saturday though.

No comments: